Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Etsy Art Finds

After a year or so of living in my house, I've finally started putting up art on the walls. Some of my favorite pieces have been finds on my travels (I make a point to purchase at least one drawing, sketch or painting on any big trip I take, so I can have something on the walls to remind me of my adventures).  Usually I find the best ones from street artists or art fairs. I like the authenticity of buying local rather than a generic gift shop poster (though I have found a few prints at gift shops that don't look mass-produced).  When I get around to it, I'll post some pics of what I've hung, but in the meantime, here are some pieces I have my eye on...

First up, a white birch wall sculpture.  Gorgeous, interesting, and one of a kind. 


Next is one my very favorite artists right now, Michelle Armas. Just look at those colors! And her blog is as unique as her paintings. A good option for those unable (or unwilling!) to spend the $$ on an original would be to purchase and frame a few of her prints and hang them in a grouping.  Her work is also available through her Etsy site.

I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to horses, considering the last time I rode one was literally through the streets of Los Angeles while visiting my brother when he lived there something like five years ago, and I of course had the horse that freaked out at everything, like when the bro decided it was time to Braveheart it up by rallying the horses into running or cantoring or whatever they call it when they go FAST and my horse went bananas.  You wanna know who else went bananas? I did. Anyway, horses:





I absolutely adore this gal Brownie. She's all "heyyyy is that camera a carrot?" As an extra resource, check out the seller's monthly online mag collaboration, Lonny. They are all things design, decorating, style and more. 


And lastly, I'll leave you with a few portraits.  I'm often quite fond of the creep and quirky, but there's something lovely, soft and still about this gentle lady named Alida. 


A little bit rocker, a lot glam, this is Cricket. I can see her hanging above a mirrored desk or a white lacquered dresser. 


And while this isn't a traditional portrait, I love the mid-movement of this guy's freestyle swim. Is he in the ocean? A pool? I don't care but I wanna be there too. Summertime fun without the required SPF? Count me in.


Do you have any favorite Etsy sellers for art? It can be such a great resource for affordable and original pieces, especially for someone like me who likes to rotate and change things up to keep it interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment